Some ideas of what to do while visiting the Holiday Park
While staying at the Snowy River Holiday Park you may just want to put your feet up and recharge your batteries. Allowing time for you to complete the Historical Walk and have a couple of swims in the Snowy River or just eating by the river spotting the many platypus that you will see floating on the surface.
We have put together a couple of suggested activities, if these do not suit your needs please feel free to have a chat with either Sue or Colin and I am sure we can find something in the area that will meet your individual needs.
For those who want to do a driving tour of area;
- If you have a 4x4 a full day’s drive -Dalgety to Jindabyne (to fuel up as there are no fuel stops till you get to Delegate) then back track down the Barry Way into Victoria left across Mackillop’s Bridge thru Bendoc, Delegate, Bombala back to Dalgety. Definitely not suited to tow anything as there are limited passing areas.
- Another full day’s drive from Dalgety up the mountains past Thredbo, thru Khancoban on to Cabramurra, Mt Selwyn then right at Kiandra onto the Snowy Mountains Highway to Adaminaby, Berridale to Dalgety. If not Winter suitable for all cars, very difficult if you are towing a caravan.
- If you are going to Jindabyne and want a short detour but great way to see some of the country side. After going over the Dalgety Bridge take the left fork about 12kms there will be a sharp turn to the left, you need to go right onto Marranumbla Road to the end where you will find the Beloka Church. Go in its open. Then on the bitumen left to Jindabyne or right to Dalgety. Nice views across the valley. You may feel as if you are going through private property, you are not it is a public road but there will be cattle and sheep on the road, so please be careful.
- Another full day outing if you would like to check out the coast but do not want to uplift your caravan etc it is only 2 hrs to the coast for fresh seafood. (Please let us know you are going and we will place an order for some take away!) It is a very pretty drive and you can go down the Mt Darragh Rd and back up the Brown Mountain Hwy.
Those who want to add walking into their day.
- A casual ½ day walking Mt Kosciusko taking the chairlift half way up/down. Returning via the Wild Brumby distillery.
- A day in Cooma viewing Snowy Hydro Visitor Center (good coffee), Prison Museum, Visitor Information Centre for more to do in Cooma as well stock up on supplies at Woolies, Coles and Aldi
Around Dalgety itself.
- The Historical Walk with a platypus sighting along the mighty Snowy River.
- Thursday to Sunday is always casual at the brewery for tasting wine, beer, ginger beer and or apple cider with a great platter to soak up the brews.
- Tuscany, Buckley’s Crossing Hotel or the Iona Café for that lunch are great stops as well, all within a gradual stroll of the Holiday Park.
These are just a few suggestions, once you are at the Holiday Park talk to Sue or Colin for added ideas. We will keep you occupied or just take a book, seat, bottle of your favourite beverage and laze at the river under the shade or the coolabah (sorry got carried away) meant willow tree.